Ziraat Bank is a Turkish state bank established in 1863, which is also the country's largest financial institution.
The Bank serves the corporate, commercial, agricultural segments and retail, has an extensive network of branches (more than 1800 throughout the country), and also serves customers in 18 countries.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT IN ZIRAAT BANK TURKEY
The cost of opening a bank account for legal entities and individuals - no commission is charged.
A minimum balance is not provided, but an amount sufficient to cover bank fees should remain on the account.
Branches in England, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, the United Arab Emirates, Kosovo, Iraq, Iran, Bahrain, as well as subsidiaries of Ziraat Bank in Germany, Montenegro, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
When transferring via Internet banking, a limit of 200 000 TL per transaction is valid. With active work through the Internet banking, these limits increase over time to 1 million TL per transaction.
When sending a payment order by e-mail, there are no limits on payments.
The tariffs of Ziraat Bank Tr can be found here.
The procedure of opening the account consists of two stages: the preliminary stage and final stage of opening an account.
The preliminary stage includes the process of collecting and filing your documents, which are required for opening an account. The terms of preliminary stage depends wholly on you.
The process of reviewing documents by the bank and making a decision on opening an account takes 7-10 business days from the date of submission of documents to the bank office. Extra time is also needed to translate documents into Turkish and receive a tax number.
Bank Ziraat Turkey follows KYC policy and reserves the right to require additional information or documents what may lead to account opening term exceeding, as well as refusing of account opening without reasons explanation.
Working languages: English, Turkish.
Deposits, settlement transactions, documentary operations, safes, lending, investment.
Signing forms are provided at Ziraat Bankasi Bank in a personal meeting with a client.
In order to open an account, it necessary to obtain a potential tax number for the company and the company manager. These numbers are assigned by the state tax authority. This does not entail tax and other obligations of a non-resident; numbers are obtained only for opening a bank account.
Documents for the company:
- originals of all statutory documents;
- detailed description of the company.
If more than 1 year has passed since the date of registration of the company, the bank may request:
- Certificate of Good Standing under the apostille not older than 1 year from the date of issue;
- Certificate of Incumbency under an apostille no older than 1 year from the date of issue.
Documents for the account holder (company attorney) and the beneficiary:
- original of national passport with a residence permit (for citizens of Russia and Ukraine);
- original of the utility payment not older than 3 months, in the absence of registration in the passport;
- original of foreign passport.
The bank may also request documents for a nominee manager/shareholder/secretary (if the company uses the nominee service):
- a copy of the passport (if the nominee head/secretary/shareholder is an individual). After agreeing on the possibility of opening an account, it will be necessary to provide the originals of a notarized copy of the passport and utility bills of nominee directors under the apostille to the bank.
- a copy of the Certificate of incorporation under apostille, the Articles of Association and the Memorandum of association under the apostille, the protocol on the appointment of the director under the apostille (if the manager/ shareholder/secretary is a legal entity). If the company was incorporated more than 1 year ago, a Certificate of Good Standing under the apostille and Certificate of Incumbency under the apostille not older than 1 month shall be provided. After agreeing on the possibility of opening an account, it is necessary to provide notarized copies of documents under the apostille to the bank.
When submitting documents for consideration to the bank, they must be translated into Turkish and notarized.
During the review process, Ziraat Bank Turkiye may request additional documents.
It is necessary to visit our office to fill out a questionnaire, as well as preliminary verification of documents for the company, attorney (account holder) and the beneficiary. To open an account need a personal visit to the bank manager of the bank's office in Turkey.
For further consultation concerning the terms of account opening in Ziraat Bank (Turkey) please contact our office. We will respond to any questions you may have and will help you open an account in Turkish Ziraat Bank or any other bank out of 70 foreign banks you may choose from.